Improving Lives in Hundreds of Ways
For over 150 years, Bayer has been an innovation company rooted in science. Our presence in the U.S. harkens back to the mid-19th century as a chemical company making dyes in Albany, NY. By the late 19th century, we moved into the healthcare field with the introduction of one of our flagship products, Aspirin. Throughout the next two centuries, we have developed scientific and medical breakthroughs and continued creating some of America’s most loved brands.
Throughout this extended period of rapid growth, we have received accolades not just for our products, but also for our sustained commitment to corporate responsibility.
- Access to Medicine Index 2016 (ranked 12th)
- Carbon Disclosure Project 2016 (International Leader in Climate Protection)
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index 2016
- Top Company for Working Mothers: Bayer Corporation has been recognized by Working Mother magazine as one of the nation’s 100 best companies for working mothers eight times.
- DiversityInc’s Top 10 Global Companies: Bayer Corporation was named one of DiversityInc’s Top 10 Companies for Global Diversity, a select list of companies with strong commitments to creating a diverse and inclusive global culture.
- President’s Service Award and The Presidential Award in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring for Making Science Make Sense®
For a thorough review of Bayer AG’s global activities, explore the most recent annual report.
Innovation Begins with Our Products
In line with our mission “Bayer: Science for A Better Life,” we aim to improve people’s quality of life. For this endeavor, we focus on our core competency of developing and successfully commercializing innovative products and solutions based on scientific knowledge.
- We are improving people’s quality of life by preventing, alleviating or curing diseases.
- We are developing innovative care for animals—providing family pets with a longer, better quality of life and ensuring the health and safety of livestock.
- Our solutions help farmers in America provide adequate nutrition to our growing population while maintaining the health and sustainability of our environment.
- Our high-tech polymer materials are making significant contributions in areas such as energy and resource efficiency for mobility, construction and home living.
Explore our divisions/brands.
Passionate People Can Create Change
Our business success is largely attributable to the knowledge, skills and commitment of our employees. It is their ability to innovate and their willingness to embrace continuous development that drives our position as a world-class innovation company.
Sustained success is only possible if we create working conditions that allow all employees to utilize their talents optimally. This is why we value diverse perspectives and provide our employees with the ongoing training they need to remain at the top of their respective fields.
Programs Supporting a Better Life—Today and Tomorrow
Our long-term commitment to science for a better life has led Bayer to build out a comprehensive Corporate Responsibility program.
Learn more about Corporate Responsibility at Bayer.
Making Science Make Sense®
For more than 20 years, Making Science Make Sense has advanced science literacy across the United States through hands-on, inquiry-based science learning, and employee volunteerism. STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education, particularly targeted to women and minorities who are under-represented in STEM-jobs, will continue to be vital to our company’s ability to preserve human, animal and nutritional health in the future. By educating and engaging the youth of today in STEM, we ensure that Bayer will continue to benefit society in innovative new ways for generations to come.
Learn more about Making Science Make Sense
Bayer USA Foundation
In 1953, Bayer created the first of three foundations that later all merged to become the Bayer USA Foundation. It has a programmatic focus on education and workforce development, environment and sustainability. Its mission is to support programs that enhance quality of life, providing unique and enriching opportunities that connect diverse groups and ensure preparedness for tomorrow's leaders. The goal is to forge sustainable partnerships that continually improve communities in which Bayer employees live and work.
Learn more about Bayer USA Foundation