Making Science Make Sense®: Inspiring Innovators
As a life science company, Bayer uniquely understands the integral role science plays in everyday life. Making Science Make Sense (MSMS), Bayer’s companywide, national award-winning STEM education initiative, seeks to advance science literacy across the United States through hands-on, inquiry-based learning, employee volunteerism, community partnerships and public education. With its foundation in research, innovation and technology, Bayer has a strong stake in improving STEM education and ensuring that all individuals are scientifically literate.
The MSMS campaign “Say TkU” campaign, for example, gave students and adults a chance to express appreciation for a science teacher who made a lasting impact.
Making Science Make Sense has garnered numerous accolades and recognitions for Bayer, including two U.S. presidential awards.
- President’s Service Award
- The Presidential Award in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring
- Ron Brown Award for Corporate Leadership
- National Science Board's Public Service Award
- Foreign Policy Association’s Corporate Social Responsibility Award
- Keystone Center’s Leadership in Education Award
- The Conference Board’s Best in Class Award
- North Carolina Governor’s Business Partnership Award
- Wildlife Habitat Council’s Corporate Lands for Learning Award
- Carnegie Science Center’s Chairman’s Award
- Berkeley Public Education Foundation Business Partner of the Year Award
- Northern California Association for Women in Science Award
- Texas Board of Education’s Heroes for Children Award
- South Carolina State Board of Education’s Business Award for Volunteer Efforts
See more videos about MSMS.
MSMS fuels Bayer’s The Beaker Life blog.
Go to the Making Science Make Sense website.