Inspired by Passion. Driven by Innovation
As a world-class company competing successfully on a global scale, Bayer recognizes that our personnel and supply base should reflect the diversity of an ever-changing market place that knows no geographic boundaries. Our Supplier Diversity Program (SDP) allows us to tap into talented suppliers that have the potential to reduce supply chain risk and be more responsive, innovative and in tune with changing tastes and preferences of our country without sacrificing total cost of ownership. As one of the four D&I strategic imperatives at Bayer, our commitment to Supplier Diversity is only one of many ways in which we fulfill our mission by positively impacting the communities in which we serve.
Bayer has spent billions of dollars with small and diverse businesses since establishing our Supplier Diversity Program in 1995. Though it is not required to be formally certified to participate in our Supplier Diversity Program, it is strongly encouraged.
With the launch of our G4A Generator program, we are elevating our commitment to innovating in self-care - mind, body, and spirit.
A Supplier may be classified as diverse if they are at least 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by a U.S. citizen from one of the following groups:
- African American/Black
- Native American
- Person with Disabilities
- Veteran / Service-Disabled Veteran
For more information on diverse suppliers, please visit:
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and Regional Affiliates
- National Minority Supplier Development Council and Regional Affiliates
- USBLN for Disability-Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran Owned
- US Dept of VA for Veteran/Disabled Veteran-Owned Goods & Services We Purchase
- R&D Materials and Services
- Technical Materials and Services
- Capital and Construction
- Contingent Labor and Staffing
- IT Goods and Services
- Marketing Services
- Direct and Indirect Manufacturing Goods and Services