Bayer is a world-class innovation company improving the health of humans, animals and plants. With our products, we are contributing to finding solutions to some of the major challenges of our time. The growing and increasingly aging world population requires improved medical care and an adequate supply of food.
Our goal is to achieve and sustain leadership positions in our markets, thus creating value for our customers, stockholders and employees. To this end, our strategy is designed to help solve some of the most pressing challenges facing mankind, and by doing this exceptionally well, we aim to strengthen the company’s earning power.
Our LIFE Values
We are committed to operating sustainably and to addressing our social and ethical responsibilities as a corporate citizen, while at the same time respecting the interests of all our stakeholders. Our values help guide us in fulfilling our mission (“Bayer: Science for a Better Life”).
These values are represented by the word LIFE (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency). They apply to everyone at Bayer and are firmly integrated into our global performance management system, ensuring a common identity across national boundaries and management hierarchies.
- Be passionate for people and performance
- Show personal drive, inspire and motivate others
- Be accountable for actions and results, successes and failures
- Treat others fairly and with respect
- Give clear, candid and timely feedback
- Manage conflicts constructively
- Create value for all our stakeholders
- Be a role model
- Comply with laws, regulations and good business practices
- Trust others and build trustful relationships
- Be honest and reliable
- Listen attentively and communicate appropriately
- Ensure sustainability: balance short-term results with long-term requirements
- Care about people, safety and the environment
- Drive change actively
- Be ready to adapt to future trends and needs
- Challenge the status quo
- Think and act with customers in mind
- Seek out opportunities and take calculated risks
- Be open-minded
- Embrace lifelong learning
- Manage resources smartly
- Focus on activities that create value
- Do things simply and effectively
- Deliver with appropriate costs, speed and quality
- Speed up good decision-making
- Be accountable for consistent execution
- Collaborate for better solutions
Sounds good? Visit our Careers site.