Every year, approximately 25,000 agricultural jobs go unfilled because of a lack of qualified applicants. Agriculture is more than just farming—it’s thousands of careers in a variety of fields, including science, technology, engineering, math and much more. Bayer is committed to recognizing high achieving underrepresented students pursuing degrees in agriculture and STEM related fields through our scholarship programs.
Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA) (U.S.)
The application is now open.
Bayer is proud to partner with Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA) to provide $10,000 in annual scholarships to students with an interest in pursuing or continuing a 4-year academic program related to Information Technology (IT). The Bayer Scholarships for BDPA Students will provide four $2,500 scholarships to graduating high school or college students to assist with their studies.
The scholarships will be offered at both the national and local level:
- Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded through the National BDPA organization
- Two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded through the St. Louis BDPA chapter with an emphasis on High School Computer Competition (HSCC) past or present team members
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Become a member of BDPA (Student Membership $25)
- Be a graduating high school senior or college student in good academic standing and must have at least 1 year of study left in their 4-year college program
- Demonstrate academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete the Bayer BDPA Scholarship application packet
- Must not be related to any employee actively working in Bayer
When applying for the scholarship, applicants are required to submit the following:
- Complete Scholarship Application Form, which includes essay on “Health for All and Hunger for None” (download)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Current transcript
Applications will be accepted Now through August 17th, 2020.
All application materials must be RECEIVED On or Before August 17th, 2020 to be eligible. Incomplete applications will not be considered!
For more information, please contact:
BDPA Education Technology Foundation
4423 Lehigh Road #277
College Park, Maryland 20740
For questions about the scholarship, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be emailed to email@example.com