As a world-class company competing successfully on a global scale, Bayer recognizes that our personnel and supply base should reflect the diversity of an ever-changing market place that knows no geographic boundaries. Our Supplier Inclusion & Diversity Program showcases our commitment to the economic growth and advancement of communities while allowing us to tap into small and diverse businesses that have the potential to strengthen our supply chain, be more responsive, innovative, and in tune with the changing tastes and preferences of our consumers.
Bayer has spent billions of dollars with small and diverse businesses since establishing our Supplier Diversity Program in 1995. Though it is not required to be formally certified to participate in our Supplier Diversity Program, it is strongly encouraged.
Spotlight on Suppliers
I sold stock, cashed out my 401k and sold my home to create Simpson Healthcare. We've evolved into a global company that not only works with large pharmaceutical customers like Bayer, but also small start ups that are developing prescription drugs and other therapies.
By staying ahead of market trends and doubling down on U.S.-based commerce, I've grown JR Cole from one employee to over 200. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve my country, and I make it a point to extend opportunities to other veterans whenever possible.
We started Nova with the idea that all organizations, no matter where they are on their Diversity & Inclusion journey, can have profound impact and improve the experiences of their employees, customers and suppliers.
A Supplier may be classified as diverse if they are at least 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by a U.S. citizen (or citizens) from one of the following groups:
- African American / Black
- Hispanic / Latino
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer
- Native American
- Person with a Disability
- Veteran / Service-Disabled Veteran / Disabled-Veteran
Goods & Services We Purchase
- Research & Development Materials and Services
- Technical Materials and Services
- Capital and Construction
- Contingent Labor and Staffing
- Facilities Services
- Information Technology Goods and Services
- Marketing Services
- Direct and Indirect Manufacturing Goods and Services
- HR Services
- Professional Services
Doing Business with Bayer
Visit SupplierGATEWAY to register.
With the launch of our G4A Generator program, we are elevating our ability to innovate in self-care - mind, body, and spirit.
If you are broadly in the industry of self-care, please explore our G4A Generator program.
Bayer Supplier Diversity in the News
- Bayer recognized as 2018 DiversityInc noteworthy company
- Bayer recognized as Diversity and Inclusion leader by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Bayer receives Military Friendly Supplier Diversity Program Designation based on the Military Friendly Standards
For more information on small businesses, please visit:
For more information on diverse suppliers, contact one of these organizations:
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and Regional Affiliates
- National Minority Supplier Development Council and Regional Affiliates
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs for Veteran/ Disabled Veteran-Owned
- WEConnect International