As a world-class company competing successfully on a global scale, Bayer recognizes that our personnel and supply base should reflect the diversity of an ever-changing market place that knows no geographic boundaries.
Bayer has spent billions of dollars with small and diverse businesses since establishing our Supplier Diversity Program in 1995. Though it is not required to be formally certified to participate in our Supplier Diversity Program, it is strongly encouraged.
Bayer has been in active pursuit of advancing life since 1863. As a pioneer, we aim to develop revolutionary products and solutions, which contribute to finding solutions to the modern challenges of our time.
Our Supplier Diversity Program (SDP) allows us to tap into talented suppliers that have the potential to reduce supply chain risk and be more responsive, innovative and in tune with changing tastes and preferences of our country without sacrificing total cost of ownership. As one of the four D&I strategic imperatives at Bayer, our commitment to Supplier Diversity is only one of many ways in which we fulfill our mission by positively impacting the communities in which we serve.
With the launch of our G4A Generator program, we are elevating our ability to innovate in self-care - mind, body, and spirit.
A Supplier may be classified as diverse if they are at least 51 percent owned, operated and controlled by a U.S. citizen (or citizens) from one of the following groups:
- African American/Black
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Asexual
- Native American
- Person with a Disability
- Veteran/ Service-Disabled Veteran
Goods & Services We Purchase
- Research & Development Materials and Services
- Technical Materials and Services
- Capital and Construction
- Contingent Labor and Staffing
- Facilities Services
- Information Technology Goods and Services
- Marketing Services
- Direct and Indirect Manufacturing Goods and Services
- HR Services
- Professional Services
Doing Business with Bayer
Visit Supplier Gateway to learn more about these opportunities and register.
Bayer attends various events either as a National or Local Corporate Member or as a Sponsor. Events that Bayer will be attending include:
For more information on small businesses, please visit:
For more information on diverse suppliers, contact one of these organizations:
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and Regional Affiliates
- National Minority Supplier Development Council and Regional Affiliates
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- United States Business Leadership Network for Disability Inclusion
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs for Veteran/ Disabled Veteran-Owned