California Compliance Information
Pursuant to the California Health & Safety Code §§119400-119402, each pharmaceutical company is required to:
- Adopt a Comprehensive Compliance Program that is in accordance with the April 2003 publication "Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers,” which was developed by the United States Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG).
- Include in its Comprehensive Compliance Program policies for compliance with the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) "Code on Interactions with Health Care Professionals," (effective January 2009, revised September 2019).
- Include in its Comprehensive Compliance Program limits on gifts or incentives provided to medical or health care professionals.
- Establish explicitly in its Comprehensive Compliance Program a specific annual dollar limit on business meals and educational items that Bayer may give or otherwise provide to an individual medical or health care professional in accordance with the "Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers" and with the "Code on Interactions with Health Care Professionals."
- Make conforming changes to its Comprehensive Compliance Program within six months of any update or revision to the "Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers."
Click the tabs below to access Bayer’s Comprehensive Compliance Program (including Bayer’s established annual spend limit), CY 2019 Annual Declaration of Compliance, and Bayer’s U.S. Pharmaceuticals Compliance Policies and Procedures. If you are unable to print the documents, requests for copies can be made by calling toll free at: 1-877-256-3562.