PRIVACY STATEMENT ADDENDUM
Effective Date: 8 July 2020
This Privacy Statement Addendum provides additional information for residents of California or Nevada in the United States regarding what personal data we collect about you, what we do with it, and how you can control it in connection with our websites, mobile apps, or other online services (the “Site”).
We may update this Privacy Statement Addendum from time to time. When we do, we will post it on the Site and include the effective date of the update.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Categories of personal data we collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household (“personal data”). In particular, we have collected one or more data types in the following categories of personal data from consumers within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement:
|Category||One or More Data Types Collected?|
|A.||Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B.||Any categories of personal data described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), such as name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||Yes|
|C.||Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.||Yes|
|D.||Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E.||Biometric information, for example imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a faceprint, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted, and keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.||Yes|
|F.||Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|H.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes|
|I.||Professional or employment-related information.||Yes|
|J.||Non-public education information.||No|
|K.||Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes|
In particular, we collect the following types of information:
Information you provide. We may collect your first and last name, email, street address, state, zip code, age, gender, demographic information, preferences, or other information you voluntarily send to us through the Site or through communications with us.
Information gathered automatically. When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect information about your device or internet activity directly or through our third-party analytics providers. We (and third parties acting on our behalf) may collect this information directly from your browser interacting with our Site. We may also collect it through cookies and similar technologies, which typically work by placing a small file (like a text file or graphic) on your browser, and the file is used to identify your device and to collect information. In this Privacy Statement, we use the term “cookies” in general to refer to these technologies. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our Site to operate properly and enable you to use its features.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Site and are used to improve and personalize future web experiences and deliver content more relevant to your interests. Our promotional communications may include these cookies to measure performance and deliver more relevant offers/content based on preferences.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make and provide more personal features as well as services you have asked for. The information collected may be anonymized and is not used to track your browsing activities on other websites.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. Instead, we collect, use, and share information as described in this Privacy Statement regardless of a “do not track” choice.
Location-based information. When you access the Site, we may collect information related to your location through your device’s GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or IP address.
Information from social media and other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources such as our affiliates, public and third-party databases, and other third parties. We may also collect information when you interact with us through social media. And if you link our Site with a social media account, then we may collect certain information related to that account.
Categories of sources of personal data
We obtain the categories of personal data listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our consumers (for example, information provided through the Site, hardcopy forms, or other communications with us).
- From consumers’ activity on the Site (for example, Site visit information collected directly or through third-party analytics providers).
- From a device’s GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or IP address.
- From social media, marketing partners, and other sources (for example, affiliates, public and third-party databases, and other third parties).
Our business and commercial purposes for collecting personal data
We use the personal data we collect for our operational purposes or other purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. Those purposes may include:
|(1)||Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.|
|(2)||Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.|
|(3)||Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.|
|(4)||Short-term, transient use, provided the personal data is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.|
|(5)||Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.|
|(6)||Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.|
|(7)||Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.|
We also collect personal data about you for the following reasons:
- For our internal efforts to operate and improve our business.
- For advertising and marketing purposes.
- For our general administrative purposes.
- For social-media engagement.
- For security purposes.
- For other legal purposes.
- For communication purposes, to get in touch with you in connection with any of the reasons discussed above.
In the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement, we have disclosed one or more data types in the following categories of personal data of California consumers for a business purpose:
|Category B:||Categories of personal data described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e).|
|Category C:||Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.|
|Category D:||Commercial information.|
|Category E:||Health or biometric information.|
|Category F:||Internet or other electronic network activity information.|
|Category G:||Geolocation data.|
|Category H:||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
|Category I:||Professional or employment-related information.|
|Category K:||Inferences drawn from other personal data.|
We also use the personal data we collect for our commercial or economic purposes, such as attracting consumers to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
Categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
We may share your information:
- With our affiliates and other companies in which we have an economic interest or ownership rights.
- With others working for us, which includes third parties that perform services on our behalf such as running our Site, sending communications for us, and executing marketing programs and promotions.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our Site policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, to other users, or to anyone else; (3) to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
- As part of a corporate restructure, such as a liquidation, reorganization, merger, sale of the company, consolidation, change of control, asset or stock acquisition/disposition, or other corporate combination. If that happens, we will use reasonable efforts to make sure the transferee uses your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- With third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, Flurry, Adobe, or Crazy Egg, to collect and analyze information about your use of our Site.
We do not share your personal data with any third-party vendor or website owner for their own marketing purposes.
In the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement, we have not sold personal data of California consumers.
Rights of California residents
- If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask us to send you the following information:
- The categories of personal data we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal data.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal data.
- The specific pieces of personal data the business has collected about you.
- If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we have collected from you.
Your privacy rights are important. If you exercise your privacy rights under California law, we will not do any of the following in retaliation:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How California residents can submit requests
If you are a California resident and you want to submit a request to us regarding your California rights, you or your authorized agent can contact us here, or call us at 844-BAYER-DP (844-229-3737). You do not have to create an account with us to submit a request.
We can only respond to your request if it is verifiable. This means we are obligated to take reasonable steps to verify your identity and your right to access the information you request. We may ask you to provide additional information that will help us do so. We will only use that additional information in the verification process, and not for any other purpose.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.